AutoBarn Classic Cars
325 McGill Ave., Ste 500
STK 2634 1976 BMW 2002
The BMW 2002 is the car that reversed the Bavarian Motor Werks' ailing production slump. It literally put BMW on the road to success, while spawning an immensely popular sport sedan category. Today, these sedans are as much 'cult' cars as they are performance sedans. They are agile, practical, and very much able to hold their own against even modern day sport sedans. The model year 1976 was the last production year for the venerable 2002. During the 9-year model run (1968-1976) over 339,000 BMW 2002s were built and exported around the world. This restored '76 2002, a great example of this ultimate driving machine, has been the beneficiary of numerous 'Outlaw' modifications. The 2.0L engine has been rebuilt and a popular conversion, the 38/38 Weber carb, has been fitted. It is backed by an E-21 (3-Series) 5-speed manual gearbox conversion. Suspension upgrades include Bilstein sport shocks, a strut tower support bar and a 'Big Brake' upgrade that incorporates Volvo 240 front rotors and 320IS rear drums. The solid body was recently refinished with Ford G2 Redfire Metallic, most trim has been removed and bumpers have been black powdered coated. BBS 'Basketweave' alloys mount 13" Sumitomo performance radials and factory sealed beam headlights have been replaced with 'Hella' H4 bulbs. The interior has been refreshed with E30 sport seats, E21 Sport steering wheel and new door and trunk seals. This iconic BMW 2002 is ready for a new owner, and it will not take long for us to find one. It is superb. ALL VEHICLES SOLD "AS IS".
MORE FROM THIS SELLER
RUSTY RIDES GALLERYView All
OLDRIDE ANSWERSView All
- I need to buy a 5 lug 17in. artillery wheel
- How do I get my avatar uploaded?
- Has anyone bought a car off of Harwell motors in Texas?
- My first car was Plymouth Fury. What was yours?
- What do you think was the ugliest classic car ever designed?
- We have inherited a field of 26 classic vehicles ranging from 40ish Cadillacs to 60ish Chevs- help!!
- chevy belair has a miss, running rough
- Is there a market for a 1959 Ford Escort 2dr station wagon
- 1964 chevy bel air v6 4 door