AutoBarn Classic Cars
325 McGill Ave., Ste 500
STK 2617 1953 Chevrolet Corvette Tribute
This 1953 Corvette replicar was built in 1988 and is a sound package based on Chevrolet running gear. It is titled/registered in South Carolina and is a very good runner. The solid fiberglass Corvette kit was purchased from Classic Sports Cars, Inc, Holly Hill FL. and is correctly proportioned for a '53 roadster. Nice Polo White enamel was applied by Kit Car World in Orlando, FL and chrome plating was done by Atlantic Coast Plating. The interior is an accurate representation of a '53 Corvette except for the late-model shifter/console. Red vinyl seats and carpets are in very good condition and the dash holds a full complement of VDO gauges that look period correct. The Corvette wheel is mounted on a tilt-column for ease of entry and there is a soft top that snaps on to the windshield and body behind the seats. The donor car was a 1972 Chevy Nova. Components taken from the Nova included: 350ci small-block V8, 3-speed automatic transmission, front suspension, rear axle and drive shaft. The Nova's 350ci motor was rebuilt before the installation and sounds great. It is fitted with an aluminum single-plane high-rise intake and Holley 600cfm carburetor. Exhaust is routed through Chevy manifolds to a dual exhaust system. The transmission is the 3-speed automatic from the Nova. Steering is power assisted and brakes are manual 4-wheel drum w/dual master cylinder. Steel wheels mount Coker wide-white tires and '56 Corvette hubcaps. This is no trailer queen, but rather an accurate, affordable version of the first Corvette that runs great. Check it out you will not be disappointed. ALL VEHICLES SOLD "AS IS".
MORE FROM THIS SELLER
RUSTY RIDES GALLERYView All
OLDRIDE ANSWERSView All
- I need to buy a 5 lug 17in. artillery wheel
- How do I get my avatar uploaded?
- Has anyone bought a car off of Harwell motors in Texas?
- My first car was Plymouth Fury. What was yours?
- What do you think was the ugliest classic car ever designed?
- We have inherited a field of 26 classic vehicles ranging from 40ish Cadillacs to 60ish Chevs- help!!
- chevy belair has a miss, running rough
- Is there a market for a 1959 Ford Escort 2dr station wagon
- 1964 chevy bel air v6 4 door