Classic Auto Mall
6180 Morgantown Road
Morgantown , Pennsylvania
1955 Studebaker E-5 Pickup Truck
The Studebaker Corporation was a United States wagon and automobile manufacturer based in South Bend, Indiana. Founded in 1852 and incorporated in 1868 under the name of the Studebaker Brothers Manufacturing Company, the company was originally a producer of wagons for farmers, miners, and the military and became a significant manufacturer of motor vehicles for about 60 years. During the 1940's and 1950's, it was also a major manufacturer of light and medium-duty trucks in North America.
This 1955 E-5 Pickup truck is presented in an interesting combination of green metal flake and caramel grille peppered with chrome trim and a hood ornament (new for 1955). Tastefully redone, it maintains its original charm, and shows the wear over time a working man's truck would have. Many a rural farmer was in possession of this truck because they were so economically priced compared to the big two offerings of the time.
All refurbished steel panels and fenders none in perfect condition (but that's OK its hot right now at Classic Auto Mall!), beautifully sprayed in green metal flake. This paint interestingly shows up as mere green when the viewer is a bit away to take the whole vehicle in, but when one gets closer the depth of the paint comes clearly in to focus. The contrasting caramel grill add a beautiful contrast, as well as all brightwork which appears original with some pitting and corrosion. A new heavy rubber diamond plate has been installed on the bed floor, as well as a custom wood toolbox at the cab end of the bed. Door window sun visors and extra-long rear view side mirror supports add to the total "look."
A tan vinyl bench seat, as well as vinyl veneer over cardboard on the door panels and cab surround give the interior a very upscale, but durable look.
The dash has green painted areas as well as tan vinyl accenting. Original instrumentation, steering wheel and column are present. A long floor shifter controls a manual transmission.
The Commander 246ci with a 1-barrel carburetor powers a 3-speed manual transmission with overdrive to get this pickup truck rolling. Underpinnings show usual surface rust, and greasing, but is otherwise unremarkable. Interestingly only the right (passenger) side has coil spring over shock absorber installed, whereas drivers side the coil spring is absent on front and rear. Drum brakes are on all 4 wheels.
An example of the first year E series introduction, in very nice user friendly restored condition. All original chrome, and mechanicals on this truck, which runs smoothly, starts easily, and is an example of a 1950's pickup that one does not see every day. A great truck to tool around the country roads or haul your spouse's purchase to even things up since you've purchased this truck!
1975 Mercedes-Benz 450SL$13,900.00 Morgantown, PA
1983 Buick Riviera$11,500.00 Morgantown, PA
1930 Ford Roadster$37,900.00 Morgantown, PA
1958 Chevrolet Corvette Roadster$62,900.00 Morgantown, PA
1966 International Scout$21,900.00 Morgantown, PA
1929 Mercedes-Benz Gazelle Replica$9,900.00 Morgantown, PA