AutoBarn Classic Cars
325 McGill Ave., Ste 500
STK 2611 1966 Chevrolet El Camino
Chevrolet created their first 'hybrid' in 1959 the El Camino pickup. The first generation was based on the full-size Chevrolet sedan chassis and was only built for 2 model years. The second generation was reintroduced in 1964 and was based on the Chevelle platform. Our trophy-winning 1966 Chevy El Camino received a full restoration in 2008 and is pristine. (The owner has photos of the restoration process as well as receipts.) The exterior was re-shot in two-stage Regal Red and is stunning. Chrome and stainless are excellent. An SS396 Chevelle hood and polished Weld Racing polished alloy wheels with 215/65x15" BFG Radial T/A tires provide great accents. The handsome restored red vinyl interior is more inviting than the GM original. A full console holds the factory shifter and a tilt-wheel column mounts a Z-28 style 3-spoke alloy/wood wheel. Comfort features include plush carpeting, an AM/FM/CD stereo system, tinted windows, 8,000 rpm Sun Super Tach and full set of SunPro gauges. The 327ci has been totally rebuilt and fuel is supplied by an Edelbrock 4V mounted on a dual-plane aluminum intake. Spark is furnished by an MSD ignition and the resulting sound is magnificent through a set of tube headers and free-flowing exhaust. A 3-speed Turbo 400 automatic transfers power to a posi-traction differential with 3.73:1 gears. The carefully detailed chassis mounts power steering and power disc/drum brakes w/dual master cylinder. Our current owner (16 years) spared no expense to create this very special classic. Look at the photos, but understand that this sweet El Camino must be seen to be fully appreciated. It is ready for a new owner who will value this rare Bowtie 'hybrid'. ALL VEHICLES SOLD "AS IS".
MORE FROM THIS SELLER
RUSTY RIDES GALLERYView All
OLDRIDE ANSWERSView All
- I need to buy a 5 lug 17in. artillery wheel
- How do I get my avatar uploaded?
- Has anyone bought a car off of Harwell motors in Texas?
- My first car was Plymouth Fury. What was yours?
- What do you think was the ugliest classic car ever designed?
- We have inherited a field of 26 classic vehicles ranging from 40ish Cadillacs to 60ish Chevs- help!!
- chevy belair has a miss, running rough
- Is there a market for a 1959 Ford Escort 2dr station wagon
- 1964 chevy bel air v6 4 door