AutoMarket King LLC
931 wyoming ave
West Pittson, PA
West Pittson, PA
1971 Buick Riviera (Corinth, KY) $19,900 obo The 1971 Buick Riviera redesign was a dramatic one. It had many of the same design cues as the 1963 Corvette Stingray but on a 122-inch wheelbase. The concept car which foreshadowed it was the Silver Arrow III, which was even more radical. Under the hood the Rivera's 455 cid V-8 developed either 315 or 330 horsepower in Gran Sport form. The horsepower drop was caused by compression reduction to 8.5:1, in preparation for unleaded gas. The interior was luxurious, with leather and vinyl upholstery and a wraparound dash with full instruments, console and floor-shift Turbo-Hydramatic transmission. As might be expected from the radical design, buyers were polarized. Only 33,810 bought the new model, 5,000 less than the 1970 offering. As is often the case, though, fortune favors the bold. The boat tail quickly became a crowd favorite, and good examples still draw crowds. This is coming out of a high end collector's estate, and there are several others to choose from. Extra parts are available. Please give our friend Nick a call at 859-866-5319
MORE FROM THIS SELLER
RUSTY RIDES GALLERYView All
OLDRIDE ANSWERSView All
- I need to buy a 5 lug 17in. artillery wheel
- How do I get my avatar uploaded?
- Has anyone bought a car off of Harwell motors in Texas?
- My first car was Plymouth Fury. What was yours?
- What do you think was the ugliest classic car ever designed?
- We have inherited a field of 26 classic vehicles ranging from 40ish Cadillacs to 60ish Chevs- help!!
- chevy belair has a miss, running rough
- Is there a market for a 1959 Ford Escort 2dr station wagon
- 1964 chevy bel air v6 4 door