Streetside Classics-Dallas/Fort Worth
5400 Sandshell Dr
Fort Worth, TX
Fort Worth, TX
This 1968 Volkswagen dune buggy is an icon of fun. Driving it puts a big grin on your face, and it makes others wonder what's your next adventure.
The red paint is a bold way to show off the iconic curves of a true beach buggy. It has a good gloss in the sunshine (where this beach machine really belongs) with an overall style that won't make you afraid to use it for fun. More than just the paint, this one's style also hides some true substance. For example, headlights have bright LED halos and the taillights are LED, too, so they can really see you coming or going. The tubular steel bumpers front and rear are a fashionable way to add some protection. And the polished minilite-style wheels have a 15-inch size to hood good modern tires.
The interior was built for function, but there was also plenty of room left for flair. For example, the roll bar is a bright polished piece. And the front seats are some attractive racing-style buckets with plenty of bolstering. The three-spoke sports steering wheel and gearstick are within easy reach, and the VDO gauge is a nice reminder of the VW lineage. You'll even spot some features you don't get in all buggies, like front seatbelts, a 12-volt outlet, and an upgraded AM/FM/CD stereo with USB input.
The heart of a good dune buggy is a stout VW unit. The 1600cc motor is the largest displacement from the VW series and this is even a desirable dual-port unit. Beyond this robust appearance is the reliable flat-four heart we all love in a Beetle. The four-speed manual transmission means maximum control and maximum fun, and it all makes for a nimble total package.
A cool car that looks this good and is priced so right won't stay with us long. Don't miss out, call today!
MORE FROM THIS SELLER
RUSTY RIDES GALLERYView All
OLDRIDE ANSWERSView All
- I need to buy a 5 lug 17in. artillery wheel
- How do I get my avatar uploaded?
- Has anyone bought a car off of Harwell motors in Texas?
- My first car was Plymouth Fury. What was yours?
- What do you think was the ugliest classic car ever designed?
- We have inherited a field of 26 classic vehicles ranging from 40ish Cadillacs to 60ish Chevs- help!!
- chevy belair has a miss, running rough
- Is there a market for a 1959 Ford Escort 2dr station wagon
- 1964 chevy bel air v6 4 door