Stk. 1899 1942 Willys Jeep Military MB-PGW
The Jeep legend began in November 1940, in the early days of World War II, just a year before the United States entered the war. A small, four-wheel drive prototype, the Willys "Quad", was delivered to the US Army. It featured the Willys "Go-Devil" engine, developed by Delmar "Barney" Roos. With 60 horsepower and 105 foot-pounds of torque it not only exceeded the Armys requirement, but dwarfed the Bantams 83 and Fords 85 pound-feet of torque, its only competitors for the military contract. The Quad was the father of the MB, CJ series, and Wrangler. From 1941 to 1945 Willys produced the MB model, the original go-anywhere, do-anything vehicle, which came to be known by its nickname, "Jeep". Made famous during WWII, Willys produced over 300,000 MB vehicles. Jeeps were heavily used by every division of the American military, with 144 Jeeps provided to every infantry regiment in the U.S. Army. Large numbers of Jeeps were shipped to the Allied Forces of Britain and Russia: nearly 30% of total Jeep production. Our particular MB was restored in 2002; and its 134 cubic inch Go Devil engine and three-speed, four-wheel driveline is motor pool and parade ready. Even though its rust free body received a fresh coat of Military Green and a new OD green fabric top, it still retains to this day its original cloth seat cushions. Fully detailed as used during wartime, you will find a Pioneer tool kit beneath the driver entry area; consisting of a shovel and ax as well as a tow rope in front and a Jerry Can in back .This wonderful workhorse is a true piece of American history and is ready and waiting for its next call into action. Call 800-650-1055 or visit our website at www.autobarnclassiccars.com for more information. ALL VEHICLES SOLD "AS IS".