516 E. Bristol St
1949 Buick Roadmaster Riviera Two-Door Hardtop
Triple Crown Collection
Auctioned on Saturday, September 3, 2016 PURCHASED BY RAY SCHULER, ELKHART INDIANA
Buick Fireball inline eight-cylinder engine
Only 4,343 produced
In 1979, less than 10 had been accounted for
New wiring harness
When the Buick Roadmaster Riviera was produced in 1949 they cost $3,203. Production numbers from that year show that only 4,343 were produced. A frequently used Buick resource that was published in 1979 states that at that time, less than 10 of these vehicles were accounted for. The year 1949 was the first time that the portholes were seen on the front fenders. It is believed that the original idea for these portholes was to fit them with lights that would flash on and off in sequence with the engines firing order. Some historians consider the Riviera to be the first real production hardtop.
Powering this Riviera is a highly detailed Buick Fireball inline eight-cylinder engine. Backing this powerful engine is a column-shifted automatic transmission. The exterior is finished with white and black paint. The outside has wire wheel covers, fender skirts, rear fender rock guards, dual sideview mirrors and well-polished brightwork. The car has been fitted with a new wiring harness. The interior features power windows, AM radio, red pleated upholstery and matching red carpet.
MORE FROM THIS SELLER
39 ford restro rod cpe all steel reduced 49995
Lake Orion, MI
39 FORD VERT KUSTOM ALL STEEL REDUCED 23990 FIRM
Groovy Classic 1969 Lincoln Continental Mark lll C
San Carlos , CA
1957 Chevrolet Bel Air 2-door convertible All-Stee
Fairmount , IN
46 FORD TUDOR IMMACULATE V8 REDUCEDX 18995 OBO
Fairmont , IN
62 OLDS all original classic REDUCED 10850 FIRM
Las Vegas Area, NV
RUSTY RIDES GALLERYView All
OLDRIDE ANSWERSView All
- I need to buy a 5 lug 17in. artillery wheel
- How do I get my avatar uploaded?
- Has anyone bought a car off of Harwell motors in Texas?
- My first car was Plymouth Fury. What was yours?
- What do you think was the ugliest classic car ever designed?
- We have inherited a field of 26 classic vehicles ranging from 40ish Cadillacs to 60ish Chevs- help!!
- chevy belair has a miss, running rough
- Is there a market for a 1959 Ford Escort 2dr station wagon
- 1964 chevy bel air v6 4 door