1969 Camaro Super Sport Pro Tour Custom Build - Speed Shop Owner''s Personal Build
This car was done right, no corner''s were cut.
Start with a clean, rust free, frame off restoration SS Camaro with a great paint job and interior, showing 58,110 miles. Then, start the over the top hot rod build.... The donor car was $30k, what does that tell you?
Pull out a perfectly great 383 high nickel engine and 350 turbo automatic with stall converter and give this project some HORSEPOWER!
We dropped in the same engine Corvette utilizes, a LS6 V8 Z06 5.7L, 400 hp & 395#/ft torque power plant - then we linked it up to a Tremec T-56 6-speed transmission and you have the heartbeat of a rocket ship.
The suspension technology was almost 50 years old, so we stripped it all out and threw it away. We let the engineer''s at RideTech show us how to handle this horsepower with new Level 1 Strong Arm coil over''s on all 4 corner''s and a 4-Link in the rear. Add in a Belltec rear sway bar and now, you''ve got a road car that with handle the horsepower and chew up and spit out the corner''s - bring it on!
All this performance needs some serious stopping power - so we went to Wilwood for drilled and slotted big disc brakes on all 4 corners, and a new Wilwood master cylinder kit, power brake booster, emergency brake & all new brake lines. Take off like a rocket and stop on a dime.
The car also needs to feel smooth down the road, so install great looking Budnik "X" Series ICE custom satin finished wheels and Nitto NT 555 speed rated tires (fronts 245-40-18, rears 275-40-18''s), and purr down the road. Actually, with the new Headman Hustler headers and Flowmaster Super 10 series mufflers, the purr becomes a ROAR!
There are a ton of other things that we do with an LS engine swap on a Pro Tour 69 Camaro, things you never really see, yet things you need to know - cause you wanna know this car was done right! Little things that connect the dots like:
- New SS Camaro Radiator with twin fans to support the new LS-6 transplant
- New McLeod Direct Fit Hydraulic Conversion Kit w/Spec 2 Stage clutch kit
- New Brake & Clutch Pedal Assemblies to switch from and automatic to a 6-speed
- New Wilwood brake lines & fittings
- New emergency brake system
- New Chevrolet Performance LS Controller kit
- New PSI Wiring Harness and control module computer
- New Universal LS Fuel Filter Regulator kit
- New Spectre high volume cold air intake
- New Alternator
- New Power Steering Gearing, Pump & Pulley
- New A/C Compressor
- New Water Pump
- New High Pressure Electric Fuel Pump
- New Fuel Sending Unit
- New Aluminum Throttle Body, bracket & throttle position sensor
- New LS Stand off Brackets
- New Idler Pulley''s
- New Thermostat
- New Belt Tensioner
- New Serpentine Belt
- New Bosch Oxygen Sensor & mass air flow sensor
Then, you go through the frame off restoration and fix the little things and bring the 69 Camaro Pro Tour into the 21st Century:
- Replace the Steering Gear Box cause it dripped a drop of fluid every 30-60 days
- Custom fabricate a new drive shaft to fit the LS-6 conversion
- Check all the cool RS console gauges for functionality
- Check every light & wire
- Replace the Lights with LED''s
- Put in a new dome light
- Pull the original wood grain steering wheel and go with a modern SS cool billet wheel
- Add a brand new custom in dash/thru firewall ice-cold A/C system
- Add a pop up screen stereo head unit - with hands free capability & navigation
- Tint the windows to the darkest legal tint allowed
- Record every new part number for ease of future maintenance
Test drive it for 200-300 miles so you know everything was done 100% right! (and it was!)
Want something truly different? Buff out a perfectly good fresh paint job - Daytona Yellow with Black Rally stripes - and apply a one-of-a-kind super cool 3M wrap to make this car exclusively yours (just an out of the box different idea..).
This is the Baddest 69 Camaro Pro Touring Car available for under $75 grand anywhere in the Country!
Very well documented build with tons of pictures and parts list with part numbers - just ask!
Buy with confidence! You won''t be sorry!
Thanks for looking!