STERLING MOTORS inc
1807 Locust St.
The 986 is Porsches internal designation for the 1st generation Boxster. This mid-engined two seat roadster was introduced in 1996 and continued through 2003. Based on the 1993 Boxster concept, the Boxster was its first vehicle to be designed as a roadster since the 550 Spyder. Its name was derived from the word boxer referring to the vehicles flat (boxer) engine and the word roadster since is a two seat convertible. It was released ahead of the more expensive 911 and shared the same bonnet, front wings, headlights, interior and engine architecture. The S model is equipped with a fuel efficient 3.2L 6 cylinder engine capable of going 0 60 in less than 6 seconds. The Boxster received a minor facelift in 2002 which included a glass rear window, electro-mechanical hood and trunk releases, an updated steering wheel as well as a reworked exhaust system and air intake. The bumpers were also changed slightly for a more defined appearance and new wheel designs were made available. This particular example was fitted with a 6 speed manual transmission and was upgraded with a premium Bose sound system and CD changer. It has been serviced regularly, has newer tires and everything is working as it should. The wheels have been powder coated gloss black with red center caps and the taillights have been blacked out. It currently has 103,480 miles and is need of nothing but a new home. We have priced the car aggressively so if you like what you see you better call us before it is too late!
MORE FROM THIS SELLER
2004 H-D FLHRi Road King
2019 Kia Niro Touring Hybrid
2009 Chevrolet Silverado
2007 H-D FLHX 120R Street Glide 136 hp Custom
1938 Ford 2 Door DeLuxe Street Rod
2002 FLHRCi Road King Classic
RUSTY RIDES GALLERYView All
OLDRIDE ANSWERSView All
- I need to buy a 5 lug 17in. artillery wheel
- How do I get my avatar uploaded?
- Has anyone bought a car off of Harwell motors in Texas?
- My first car was Plymouth Fury. What was yours?
- What do you think was the ugliest classic car ever designed?
- We have inherited a field of 26 classic vehicles ranging from 40ish Cadillacs to 60ish Chevs- help!!
- chevy belair has a miss, running rough
- Is there a market for a 1959 Ford Escort 2dr station wagon
- 1964 chevy bel air v6 4 door