2003 N. Broadway
This engine (short block) came with a pick-up that I recently purchased and the story was that the original owner was a dealer and ordered the engine in 1945 when he ordered his 1946 Chevrolet pick-up. The short block is still in the what appears to be the original wooden crate from GM or their engine supply source. The reason he bought this short block was because rationing was going on at that time & anything metal and/or parts for anything we're hard or impossible to get & Being a Chevrolet dealer he probably had connections to get the extra short block with the truck to have for a ‘just in case’ situation...Because the war was still going on or just ending and the WWII rationing had not been lifted & no one knew how long that rationing would continue after the war. And there you have what I was told by the previous owner & as that is what Paul Harvey would have said, ‘And now for the rest of the story’. I have to date (June 27th 2020) not opened the crate to check condition of the short block ... But I did today 6/28/20. And the engine Pistons, crank and block are complete. I have not tried to rub off any of the surface coating off but it feels like it is coated with the old shipping agent causaline (a protective coating put on metal parts to keep them from rusting during shipping). It looks like to me that the crank and pistons & the cylinder walls are in great shape because of that coating that was put on at the factory. Just 3 Pictures are available on this ad & I have probably 10 more pictures that I can upon request. Please feel free to call or text us seven days a week up until 11 PM---My cell # is 620-249-7977--Tommy Or you can email me at: [email protected]
MORE FROM THIS SELLER
RUSTY RIDES GALLERYView All
OLDRIDE ANSWERSView All
- I need to buy a 5 lug 17in. artillery wheel
- How do I get my avatar uploaded?
- Has anyone bought a car off of Harwell motors in Texas?
- My first car was Plymouth Fury. What was yours?
- What do you think was the ugliest classic car ever designed?
- We have inherited a field of 26 classic vehicles ranging from 40ish Cadillacs to 60ish Chevs- help!!
- chevy belair has a miss, running rough
- Is there a market for a 1959 Ford Escort 2dr station wagon
- 1964 chevy bel air v6 4 door