This Event Expired on September 20, 2014. If you are the coordinator for this event please
login to edit your show dates and
information. If you do not yet have an OldRide Membership, please
create a free membership then login
to this page and submit the 'Request to Manage' form.
Event Dates: September 20, 2014 - September 20, 2014 Location: Lutherville, Maryland
Cool off at the hottest show in town. Run through the cascading streams of water as we honor area service and military personnel at the Fire Museum of Maryland, Saturday, Sept. 20th. Fire engine rides, Dalmatians, antique fire engine demonstrations, plus there will be police vehicles, antique cars and motorcycles on display.
• Fire engine collectors, car collectors, and police and fire departments will bring out their best apparatus.
• Chocolate Chip Dalmatian Rescue brings out their beautiful dogs.
• See Baltimore City’s FD 85 foot Ariel ladder Truck, circa 1908, and Engine 23, the city’s high pressure wagon. Engine 23 is a 1916 Mack Bulldog Pumping Engine capable of shooting up to 2,000 gal a minute through its three water cannons.
• Fire Engine collectors will bring out their best engines and are welcome to pump.
• Peruse the Fire Engine and Memorabilia Flea Market
• Come inside to see the 40 antique engines and trucks inside, plus walk through the rebuilt 1871 Fire House.
• Watch an Airport Crash Truck in action.
• Debuting this year, the Four City Alarm Offices showing the Evolution of Fire Department Communications over the last 130 years. Operators receive and send out calls on the four telegraph and computer emergency systems.
Outside events are free, and the Fire Museum will open, 10 – 4 pm, at regular admission. Event sponsored by the Baltimore Commission on the Arts and Sciences, the Baltimore County Sheriff’s Office, and many local businesses.