This Event Expired on August 18, 2018. If you are the coordinator for this event please
login to edit your show dates and
information. If you do not yet have an OldRide Membership, please
create a free membership then login
to this page and submit the 'Request to Manage' form.
Event Dates: August 18, 2018 - August 18, 2018 Location: Joliet, Illinois
• Time: Lucas Oil Drag Racing Series Time Trials and Qualifying: 9:00 am, Live Entertainment in the Midway: 3:00 pm
• Price: $20 GA, $5 Kid (12 & Under), $5 Parking, $20 Car Cruise-In
• Phone Number: (888)-629-7223
• While in its eighth year, the D’Arcy Buick GMC Route 66 Classic has recently been reimagined and loaded with an unprecedented level of content that will not only pay homage to early drag racing and hot rod culture but will present a quarter-mile blast down memory lane for any historical enthusiast.
• Unlike any other event at Route 66 Raceway, Classic will feature nostalgia match drag racing. This means that Funny Cars, Altereds, Pro Stocks and over 200 other vehicles, all 1979 and older, will have the chance to take a pass during the event.
• Route 66 Raceway is calling all vintage vehicle owners to attend and display as a part of the Classic Car Cruise-In.
• The crowd will also be privy to the second annual Miss Classic Pin-Up Contest, featuring a flock of lovely ladies who rock the iconic look in hopes of becoming “Miss Classic 2018.”
• Classics from the ‘50s, ‘60s and ‘70s will be played by multiple live bands throughout the day.
• Last but not least, be sure to come hungry and grab some throwback fare, as Route 66 Raceway will be serving up classic diner favorites, including Mom’s Meatloaf Sandwiches, Mega Milkshakes and Coke Floats