The drivetrain uses a modern 350ci small block Chevy. This is a pump gas motor that sounds amazing! Features include aluminum cylinder heads, a polished aluminum intake, electronic ignition, and 4-barrel carb with electric choke. There are ceramic coated headers feeding the dual exhaust, while cooling uses an aluminum radiator and electric fan. The transmission is a TH350 automatic and the rear end is a 10-bolt with 3.08 gears for good highway performance.
There are numerous other mechanical upgrades. The front suspension has been converted to a Mustang 2 style setup with tubular control arms. The old steering box has been replaced with a power rack and pinion setup. Brakes use 11” discs in front with a dual reservoir master cylinder. It all makes for a much nicer driving experience from this 65-year-old truck. 350 chevy small block,the transmission is a TH350 automatic and the rear end is a 10-bolt with 3.08 gears for good highway performance.
RUSTY RIDES GALLERYView All
OLDRIDE ANSWERSView All
- I need to buy a 5 lug 17in. artillery wheel
- How do I get my avatar uploaded?
- Has anyone bought a car off of Harwell motors in Texas?
- My first car was Plymouth Fury. What was yours?
- What do you think was the ugliest classic car ever designed?
- We have inherited a field of 26 classic vehicles ranging from 40ish Cadillacs to 60ish Chevs- help!!
- chevy belair has a miss, running rough
- Is there a market for a 1959 Ford Escort 2dr station wagon
- 1964 chevy bel air v6 4 door