All original 1946 Ford pickup with V8 239 Cubic inch engine. New seats, new interior, all new glass, new stainless grill parts, not yet installed. Engine runs good. Pick-up comes from Eastern Oregon very dry climate, little or no rust. Has rare factory flat bed w/ford stamped in rear metal. New custom cut and cured 3/4 oak bed with custom 1/4" x 2" steel slats with hidden fasteners to hold oak in place. The bed frame is finished and in primer. This pickup has been owned by only two families. Just replaced ignition condenser, points and cap. fired it up Sept 1 and let it run for a while. New 6 volt battery and cables installed.
The 1946 Ford truck was the first Ford truck model on the assembly line following the end of the war in 1945. Parts from the 1942 model were used, which explains the similarities in the two trucks. The eight-cylinder engine produced 100 hp at 3,800 rpm and 180 foot pounds of torque at 2,000 rpm. It was only available with a three-speed manual transmission on the floorboard.
These pickups came with a wide range of options, although most are standard in modern vehicles. Drivers of the 1946 Ford truck could request rear shocks, an interior heater, passenger-side windshield wiper, passenger-side taillight, a sliding rear window and an oil bath air cleaner. There were also several options for paint color, including black, greenfield green, navy blue, botsford blue, modern blue, dynamic maroon, dark slate gray, silver sand, willow green and light moonstone gray.
**Price reduced-- $5000.00 OBO**
RUSTY RIDES GALLERYView All
OLDRIDE ANSWERSView All
- I need to buy a 5 lug 17in. artillery wheel
- How do I get my avatar uploaded?
- Has anyone bought a car off of Harwell motors in Texas?
- My first car was Plymouth Fury. What was yours?
- What do you think was the ugliest classic car ever designed?
- We have inherited a field of 26 classic vehicles ranging from 40ish Cadillacs to 60ish Chevs- help!!
- chevy belair has a miss, running rough
- Is there a market for a 1959 Ford Escort 2dr station wagon
- 1964 chevy bel air v6 4 door