Duffys Classic Cars
250 CLASSIC CAR COURT SW
Cedar Rapids, IA
Cedar Rapids, IA
1968 Ford Shelby GT 350 Convertible W/Paxton Supercharger
There is nothing we can write here that will expound on Shelby anymore or better than what thousands of others have said before. So, we won't try. The example we have here is one of those that was built after Mr. Shelby actually left the project in the hands of the Ford factory guys. This is when the cars became a bit more "comfortable" and intended more for the mainstream market. With additions like luxury interiors, automatic transmissions, air conditioners, and some power options the Shelby name became more synonymous with not only performance cars but upscale, also. This 1968 GT350 is an excellent example of that metamorphosis.
Finished in correct but not original livery of Candy Apple Red with Camel Interior and a white convertible top it is stunning to look at
The power comes from the numbers matching 302 with the added juice from an era correct Paxton Supercharger
That power is channeled through a 3 speed automatic and a 3.50 rear gear
Driving is made easy with power steering and power front disc and rear drum brakes
The wheels are original 15" Shelby Spoked alloys with 235/60R15 BFG radials
This one comes with factory Build Sheet and Original Window Sticker, the Deluxe Marti Report, Owner's Manual, and Keys
The build date is January 24 1968 a fairly early build
Look at the Marti Report and you will see just how rare this car is and that doesn't take into consideration the dealer installed Paxton Super Charger
The Shelby8 number is 01527 and it is the Shelby Registry
We don't see a lot of Shelbys and to find a correct numbers matching convertible that has the extra punch under the hood, well that's just added icing to the cake!
MORE FROM THIS SELLER
RUSTY RIDES GALLERYView All
OLDRIDE ANSWERSView All
- I need to buy a 5 lug 17in. artillery wheel
- How do I get my avatar uploaded?
- Has anyone bought a car off of Harwell motors in Texas?
- My first car was Plymouth Fury. What was yours?
- What do you think was the ugliest classic car ever designed?
- We have inherited a field of 26 classic vehicles ranging from 40ish Cadillacs to 60ish Chevs- help!!
- chevy belair has a miss, running rough
- Is there a market for a 1959 Ford Escort 2dr station wagon
- 1964 chevy bel air v6 4 door