Gullwing Motor Cars Inc
2430 46th Street
1963 Bentley S3 Continental Saloon: One of Only 18 Supplied with James Young CV100' Saloon CoachworkThis 1963 Bentley S3 Continental Saloon is an excellent original example that was originally delivered in November 1962 to Sir Egbert Cadbury through Jack Barclay's London showroom. Metallic green with tan leather interior. Runs and drives but would benefit from servicing and minor cosmetics at this time. This right-hand-drive chassis was fitted with James Young body no. 5238 to design no. CV100, one of just 18 Continentals so equipped. In addition to serving as Vice Chairman of his family's chocolate business, Sir Egbert was also an ace military pilot and a fervent Bentley enthusiast, having owned Speed Six, Derby, S1, and S2 Continental models. In fall 1965, J.S. Inskip, Inc. facilitated acquisition of this car by Herbert Hale Allen of New York. It then passed to Jay Haft of Connecticut, another Bentley enthusiast with a fondness for postwar Continental models. Mr. Haft owned the car for 45 years, during which the car was repainted in the current metallic green. From new, this car was optioned with an electric radio, aerial, and front window lifts, along with full Continental instrumentation, including a tachometer. Still retaining its original fawn leather upholstery, it presents as a largely unrestored car with patina commensurate with long-term Bentley enthusiast ownership.The Final Development of the S-Type Continental; One of 311 Examples BuiltOne of Only 18 Supplied with James Young CV100' Saloon CoachworkDelivered New to Well-Known Bentley Connoisseur Sir Egbert CadburyLargely Original Condition with Long-Term Enthusiast OwnershipAn Ideal Blend of Rare Custom Coachwork with Bentley's Performance ChassisPrice: $107,500
MORE FROM THIS SELLER
RUSTY RIDES GALLERYView All
OLDRIDE ANSWERSView All
- I need to buy a 5 lug 17in. artillery wheel
- How do I get my avatar uploaded?
- Has anyone bought a car off of Harwell motors in Texas?
- My first car was Plymouth Fury. What was yours?
- What do you think was the ugliest classic car ever designed?
- We have inherited a field of 26 classic vehicles ranging from 40ish Cadillacs to 60ish Chevs- help!!
- chevy belair has a miss, running rough
- Is there a market for a 1959 Ford Escort 2dr station wagon
- 1964 chevy bel air v6 4 door