Classic Auto Mall
6180 Morgantown Road
This incredible Jet Turbine powered Funny Car was built for Fred Spezio and based on a 1984 Corvette. It was named Fireworks USA and is patriotically painted red, white and blue. The chassis is a Meng Race Specialties and it was painted by Harners Auto Body. The power is provided by a J34/34-A Westinghouse Turbo-Jet engine that was originally built in 1951 for use in the North American T2 "Buckeye", Lockheed P2V "Neptune", the Douglas F3D "Skyknight" and the McDonnell F2H "Banshee". This turbo jet produces a maximum thrust of 3,600 pounds...7,000hp in afterburner mode, and is capable of a top speed of 250 mph in the quarter mile. It raced in the Jet Exhibition Jet Funny Car 102 class. It was originally built in Texas and raced there for 1 year before heading to Arizona for 1 year and finally Pennsylvania. The owner and driver both retired due to illness and the car would need to be recertified by the NHRA, which it has been in the past. The original cost to build was over $150,000. It comes with a complete starting system and a 100-gallon auxiliary aluminum refueling tank. It runs on jet fuel and its nickname is "The Weapon". The dimensions are 20' long x 46" high and the total weight is only 2,400 pounds. It features torsion and coil-over suspension, Airheart and Strange dual disc brakes, Fire Dex fire system, Goodyear tires, Centerline wheels, and Ring Slot drag Chutes. This is an opportunity to own a rare and historically significant vehicle that would be difficult to duplicate. Comes with complete starting instructions and any help needed from the owner.
MORE FROM THIS SELLER
1999 Ford Mustang Convertible
2007 Saturn Redline Sky
1986 Mercedes-Benz 560SL
1976 Cadillac Coupe DeVille
1957 Oldsmobile 98 Convertible
1936 Chevrolet Master Deluxe
RUSTY RIDES GALLERYView All
OLDRIDE ANSWERSView All
- I need to buy a 5 lug 17in. artillery wheel
- How do I get my avatar uploaded?
- Has anyone bought a car off of Harwell motors in Texas?
- My first car was Plymouth Fury. What was yours?
- What do you think was the ugliest classic car ever designed?
- We have inherited a field of 26 classic vehicles ranging from 40ish Cadillacs to 60ish Chevs- help!!
- chevy belair has a miss, running rough
- Is there a market for a 1959 Ford Escort 2dr station wagon
- 1964 chevy bel air v6 4 door