Unmolested! Factory a/c and p/w. My husband and I restored this car together in 1996. We installed a Pontiac 400 engine and turbo 350 automatic with shift kit. The 400 is bored .030, balanced, and has forged pistons, Edelbrock Performer manifold, Holley spread bore carburetor, with a mild hydraulic cam. We have the original numbers matching 326 that we removed for the restoration. There is a separate transmission cooler and an original 4-row desert cooler radiator. We also replaced the convertible top again two years ago and installed a brand new power steering box.
We have records/pics of restoration, and lots of extra parts. To our knowledge we are the third owners; I located the car in a storage yard in the early 1990s and the owner at that time indicated his daughter was the second owner. The car was my daily driver for almost 10 years. Since then we have driven it occasionally and have continued to maintain and store it appropriately.
This is an original California car with its original assigned black plates. Totally rust free. NO rot! Here’s a video where you can see the condition up close and hear it run https://youtu.be/eau0tIlN8MY. Needs to be freshened up or is a perfect candidate for a concours restoration. Ready to drive.
RUSTY RIDES GALLERYView All
OLDRIDE ANSWERSView All
- I need to buy a 5 lug 17in. artillery wheel
- How do I get my avatar uploaded?
- Has anyone bought a car off of Harwell motors in Texas?
- My first car was Plymouth Fury. What was yours?
- What do you think was the ugliest classic car ever designed?
- We have inherited a field of 26 classic vehicles ranging from 40ish Cadillacs to 60ish Chevs- help!!
- chevy belair has a miss, running rough
- Is there a market for a 1959 Ford Escort 2dr station wagon
- 1964 chevy bel air v6 4 door