Gullwing Motor Cars Inc
2430 46th Street
1936 Derby Bentley 4 1/4 Liter Pillarless Sports Saloon by Vanden PlasThis very special 1936 Bentley 4 1/4 Liter Pillarless Sports Saloon was delivered new with the handsome pillarless Vanden Plas coachwork that it retains to this day. Details on the original factory order include note of the louvers stretched back through the scuttle. It wears an older restoration and would benefit from straightforward recommissioning. By the end of the 1930s the Derby Bentley, introduced towards the beginning of that decade following the firm's takeover by Rolls-Royce, had undergone a number of significant developments. Thus, the new 4 1/4 -Liter model offered more power than before while retaining the well-proven chassis with its faultless gear-change and servo-assisted brakes. It was the construction of modern highways in Continental Europe, where the car had been extensively tested by W.O. Bentley, that enabled him to suggest multiple improvements. This unlikely synergy gave birth to 'The Silent Sports Car', a car with unique qualities of precision construction and exceptional handling in a package which represented a true pinnacle of elegance. Chassis no. B189GPEngine no. J7BYX Handsome Pillarless body design.Renowned chassis and running gear.Copy of factory records on file. Price: $52,500
MORE FROM THIS SELLER
RUSTY RIDES GALLERYView All
OLDRIDE ANSWERSView All
- I need to buy a 5 lug 17in. artillery wheel
- How do I get my avatar uploaded?
- Has anyone bought a car off of Harwell motors in Texas?
- My first car was Plymouth Fury. What was yours?
- What do you think was the ugliest classic car ever designed?
- We have inherited a field of 26 classic vehicles ranging from 40ish Cadillacs to 60ish Chevs- help!!
- chevy belair has a miss, running rough
- Is there a market for a 1959 Ford Escort 2dr station wagon
- 1964 chevy bel air v6 4 door