GR Auto Gallery
4722 50th St SE
Grande Rapids, MI
Grande Rapids, MI
The Mercedes-Benz SL series started out as the top of the line sports luxury tourer that offered both performance and comfort. The third generation SL was called the R107 chassis and is one of the most recognizable Mercedes of all time. Produced from 1971 all the way to 1989, the R107 lived a long and cherished life. The United States was an extremely popular market for the personal luxury coupe and almost of all SL's were sold here. While US market cars were held to specific emissions standards, Euro market cars were free to be the best they could possibly be.
The 1979 Mercedes Benz 280 SL offered here is a great cruiser. It is finished in white over a black and gray interior. It is powered by its 2.8L 6 cylinder engine with a 3 speed automatic transmission. The 280 rides on 15 inch factory wheels with Continental tires. Highlights include power brakes, power steering, air conditioning, spare tire, jack and tools, first aid kit, Pioneer AM/FM/CD player. The car has a removable hard top and a soft top as well. The soft top goes up and down as it should, it does show some age however. This is a great running cruiser ready for its next owner.
Gr Auto Gallery, LLC and our sister company, Wheelz Sales and Leasing Inc. makes every effort to represent each vehicle accurately and with integrity. We also welcome third party inspections when necessary. Although we try to do our very best to be accurate in our description writing we are human and do make mistakes. Unless otherwise noted, All vehicles are sold AS IS, No Warranty Expressed or Implied. All sales final.
MORE FROM THIS SELLER
RUSTY RIDES GALLERYView All
OLDRIDE ANSWERSView All
- I need to buy a 5 lug 17in. artillery wheel
- How do I get my avatar uploaded?
- Has anyone bought a car off of Harwell motors in Texas?
- My first car was Plymouth Fury. What was yours?
- What do you think was the ugliest classic car ever designed?
- We have inherited a field of 26 classic vehicles ranging from 40ish Cadillacs to 60ish Chevs- help!!
- chevy belair has a miss, running rough
- Is there a market for a 1959 Ford Escort 2dr station wagon
- 1964 chevy bel air v6 4 door