1970 AM General XM816 Medium Wrecker is part of the M809 series of 5-ton 6x6 military trucks. It was made by AM General starting in 1970. It has a revolving hydraulic crane with an extending boom that can extend from 10-18 ft with a maximum lift capacity of 20,000 lb with outriggers and boom jacks to the ground. The boom capacity depends on boom extension and placements of truck outriggers and boom jacks. With boom full out and no outriggers, the capacity is only 3000 lb. The boom elevates to 45 degrees, swings 270. The towing capacity is 14 tons on road or 10 tons cross country (or off road). The front winch has a 20Klb capacity and the rear winch is 45klb capacity. Powered by the NHC250 855 CU.In., naturally aspirated, inline 6 diesel driving through a manual 5 speed transmission and two speed transfer. Front axle is actuated by the transmission shifter in low and reverse gears to provide all-wheel 6x6 traction. Rear winch and crane hydraulics are controllable from the rear deck of the wrecker by manipulation of a power divider, throttle and remote clutch control set. The following is a partial list of additional items included in the sale: 1. Mud pushers 2. Whiffletree 3. Snatch Blocks 4. Tow Bars and Feet 5. Boom jack poles and plates 6. Gondola frame and Canvas 7. NEW replacement inner windshield frames and glass 8. Block Heater 9. Oxygen Bottle 10.Acetylene Bottle 11. Convoy lights 12. Red front flashing light. -Vehicle is on consignment and at our clients home -Please Call First and talk to a rep at 231-468-2809 EXT 1 -Showroom is by appointment only Please Call -If you would like a FREE Listing please visit our consignment page or Call
MORE FROM THIS SELLER
RUSTY RIDES GALLERYView All
OLDRIDE ANSWERSView All
- I need to buy a 5 lug 17in. artillery wheel
- How do I get my avatar uploaded?
- Has anyone bought a car off of Harwell motors in Texas?
- My first car was Plymouth Fury. What was yours?
- What do you think was the ugliest classic car ever designed?
- We have inherited a field of 26 classic vehicles ranging from 40ish Cadillacs to 60ish Chevs- help!!
- chevy belair has a miss, running rough
- Is there a market for a 1959 Ford Escort 2dr station wagon
- 1964 chevy bel air v6 4 door