390 Commerce Park Dr., Jackson, MS 39213
Forest Green Exterior
Tuxedo Black Leather Interior
Black Convertible Top
182.5ci Inline L-Head 4 Cylinder Engine with 37.5 HP
Three-Speed Manual Transmission
Solid Front Axle With Semi-elliptic Leaf Springs
Live Rear Axle With Elliptic Leaf Springs
Two-wheel Mechanical Drum Brakes
44,760 Miles Shown On Odometer
In the “Standard Catalog of American Cars” Beverly Rae Kimes says of Robert Craig Hupp’s 1908 prototype car bearing his name, “It was cute and it had moxie.” That was Bev and that was the Hupmobile, too. Hupp left his eponymous company in 1911, but the cars bearing his name continued to grow. 1925 was the last year for the classic 4-cylinder Hupmobile Series R of which this is a rare example. Hupmobiles were quality automobiles with dramatic, low styling which made them favorites of the flappers of the Twenties. This 1924 Series R Special Roadster exemplifies the flamboyant design that made the Hupmobile a favorite of Twenties’ style-setters. It has been given a repaint in Dark Green with black fenders that is emblematic of the period, with an associated black interior and top. Fitted with disc wheels, whitewall tires and a windshield frame mounted rear view mirror; it is the personification of the Roaring Twenties.37.5 bhp, 182.5 cu. in. four-cylinder inline L-head engine, three-speed manual transmission, solid front axle with semi-elliptic leaf springs, live rear axle with semi-elliptic leaf springs, two-wheel mechanical drum brakes. Wheelbase: 115″
MORE FROM THIS SELLER
RUSTY RIDES GALLERYView All
OLDRIDE ANSWERSView All
- I need to buy a 5 lug 17in. artillery wheel
- How do I get my avatar uploaded?
- Has anyone bought a car off of Harwell motors in Texas?
- My first car was Plymouth Fury. What was yours?
- What do you think was the ugliest classic car ever designed?
- We have inherited a field of 26 classic vehicles ranging from 40ish Cadillacs to 60ish Chevs- help!!
- chevy belair has a miss, running rough
- Is there a market for a 1959 Ford Escort 2dr station wagon
- 1964 chevy bel air v6 4 door