AutoBarn Classic Cars
325 McGill Ave., Ste 500
STK 2540 1972 Ford Ranchero
Back in '57, Ford decided to create a 'hybrid' pick-up. They took a Fairlane 500 sedan, beefed up the suspension, created a pickup-style cab and added a bed. The Ford Ranchero was born. Jump ahead fifteen years and you have this stunning 1972 model. This Ford Ranchero was designed around the Torino sedan, a mid-size offering in '72. It was somewhat smaller than the older Fairlane 500, but leaner and quicker. Our Ranchero has been carefully maintained and nicely restored by the current owner of the last 42 years. Under the hood, a strong running 351/2V Cleveland was completely rebuilt to factory specs in 2009. Our owner states that this is the original matching numbers engine. Behind the Cleveland is a 3-speed automatic trans and factory differential with street gearing. The body was reshot in Ford Race Red in 2016. Front and rear bumpers have been nicely rechromed and the new sprayed bedliner is first-class. The interior was reupholstered in black vinyl and the dash holds factory gauges plus an aftermarket tachometer that fits perfectly in the original clock bezel. Its sturdy suspension provides a good stance and period correct Hurricane 14" Turbine alloy wheels finish the exterior. The Ranchero is equipped with A/C, AM/FM stereo, tinted windows, power steering and power disc/drum brakes. This Ranchero classic has led a very good life and is waiting for its next owner to continue the saga. ALL VEHICLES SOLD "AS IS".
MORE FROM THIS SELLER
1959 Ford Galaxie 500 Convertible
2011 Mercedes-Benz SL550
1983 GMC Double-Decker Bus
1971 Ford Thunderbird Landau
1978 Chevrolet C10 Silverado
2004 Thunder Mountain Custom Blackhawk 240
RUSTY RIDES GALLERYView All
OLDRIDE ANSWERSView All
- I need to buy a 5 lug 17in. artillery wheel
- How do I get my avatar uploaded?
- Has anyone bought a car off of Harwell motors in Texas?
- My first car was Plymouth Fury. What was yours?
- What do you think was the ugliest classic car ever designed?
- We have inherited a field of 26 classic vehicles ranging from 40ish Cadillacs to 60ish Chevs- help!!
- chevy belair has a miss, running rough
- Is there a market for a 1959 Ford Escort 2dr station wagon
- 1964 chevy bel air v6 4 door