*The exterior is finished in Red with a Red interior and bucket seats.
*Fitted to this car; a 390 cubic inch 300 HP V-8 engine,
*Cruise-O-Matic Automatic Transmission.
*Believe to be 74,309 miles.
*Rear wheel drive.
Pwr. Steering, Pwr. Brakes, Power-Lift Windows, 4-Way Power Driver's Seat, AM Push Button Radio, and White Pwr. Soft-Top.
The Ford Thunderbird debuted in 1955 as Ford's entry into the two seat sports car created by the Chevrolet Corvette. The Thunderbird was always about style, and the clean styling, creature comforts, and V8 refinement made it a sales success. The Thunderbird was only available as a convertible, but a distinctive removeable hardtop with circular portholes was available and was a popular option.
1961 was the first year of the third generation Thunderbirds which featured all new exterior styling that earned it the nickname "Projectile Birds". Chassis design was carried over, but was reworked slightly for a smoother ride and better handling. The exterior styling featured a severely pointed front "prow," modest fins above huge renditions of Ford's traditional round tail-lights, and softer roof contours on hardtops.
Showdown Motors Inc. 586-791-0778
MORE FROM THIS SELLER
RUSTY RIDES GALLERYView All
OLDRIDE ANSWERSView All
- I need to buy a 5 lug 17in. artillery wheel
- How do I get my avatar uploaded?
- Has anyone bought a car off of Harwell motors in Texas?
- My first car was Plymouth Fury. What was yours?
- What do you think was the ugliest classic car ever designed?
- We have inherited a field of 26 classic vehicles ranging from 40ish Cadillacs to 60ish Chevs- help!!
- chevy belair has a miss, running rough
- Is there a market for a 1959 Ford Escort 2dr station wagon
- 1964 chevy bel air v6 4 door