GR Auto Gallery
4722 50th St SE
Grande Rapids, MI
Grande Rapids, MI
Since the stopping of production of the Lincoln Continental in 1952, Ford Motor Company moved to conduct some research to decide whether having a premium car would still be marketable. Although all research done showed that they would more than likely lose money on such a project, they continued the luxury model production in hopes that such a prestigious vehicle would gain them enough publicity to make up for any such loses. A design contest began between Ford stylists and outside contractors to make its new design and ended up being led by John Reinhart. This newly designed model went on to receive the new tag "Mark II" within its name and was classified as a two-door coupe with both traditional and classic designs and was termed by Reinhart as a Modern Formal design.
The car is powered by what appears to be a 368 v8. The engine runs but needs some sorting out as it only currently runs on fuel/starting fluid applied to the carburetor. The car is very solid and the doors snap shut like a vault door. The interior shows some age but is still very presentable. The car has power brakes, power steering, air conditioning, power seats and power windows. The chrome is in excellent condition. This is a good investment opportunity and is ready for the next owner to bring it to a new level.
Gr Auto Gallery, LLC and our sister company, Wheelz Sales and Leasing Inc. makes every effort to represent each vehicle accurately and with integrity. We also welcome third party inspections when necessary. Although we try to do our very best to be accurate in our description writing we are human and do make mistakes. Unless otherwise noted, All vehicles are sold AS IS, No Warranty Expressed or Implied. All sales final.
MORE FROM THIS SELLER
RUSTY RIDES GALLERYView All
OLDRIDE ANSWERSView All
- I need to buy a 5 lug 17in. artillery wheel
- How do I get my avatar uploaded?
- Has anyone bought a car off of Harwell motors in Texas?
- My first car was Plymouth Fury. What was yours?
- What do you think was the ugliest classic car ever designed?
- We have inherited a field of 26 classic vehicles ranging from 40ish Cadillacs to 60ish Chevs- help!!
- chevy belair has a miss, running rough
- Is there a market for a 1959 Ford Escort 2dr station wagon
- 1964 chevy bel air v6 4 door