Gashole Garage LLC
1550 Corona Dr
Lake Havasu City, AZ
Lake Havasu City , AZ
1960 Ford T-Bird
This 1960 Ford T-Bird Golde Edition. Factory Sun Roof is one of the Rarest T-Birds made in 1960. This is a Y code car with the 352 engine with 300hp and the Cruise-O-Matic Trans. Trans was rebuilt in 2012 and has less than 1000 miles on it. This car has Factory AC with Power windows and driver seat, power steering, power brakes. With only 3 owners its whole life. Runs and drives great. Spent most of its life in California.
In 1960 The Ford Thunderbird entered the final year of its second generation in 1960, spanning just three years. The 1960 Ford T-Bird saw various subtle trim updates before a new generation arrived for 1961. The 1960 T-Birds are visually set apart from the 58 and 59 models with the addition of a third taillight on each side.
The two engine options from the previous year continued to be offered. They were the 354 cid V-8 with 300 horsepower, and the big 430 cid V-8 with 345 hp. Power went put to the rear wheels through either a 3-speed manual transmission or a Cruise-O-Matic automatic transmission.
Ford sold 11,680 convertible Thunderbirds in 1960. For this year, Ford also offered a sunroof as an option. Though commonplace now, the sunroof was still a novelty at the time, and Ford licensed the design from German company Golde. Hence, sunroof-equipped models from this year are called Golde Editions. Ford sold 2,530 examples, making them relatively rare.
The truly rarest of the 1960 Thunderbirds were the two constructed from stainless steel. They were built for the Allegheny Ludlum Steel Corporation at the monumental price of $35,000 each. One of the pair is on display at the Heinz History Center in Pittsburg, PA.
For more info please contact Rob Webb at 208-416-1515
RUSTY RIDES GALLERYView All
OLDRIDE ANSWERSView All
- I need to buy a 5 lug 17in. artillery wheel
- How do I get my avatar uploaded?
- Has anyone bought a car off of Harwell motors in Texas?
- My first car was Plymouth Fury. What was yours?
- What do you think was the ugliest classic car ever designed?
- We have inherited a field of 26 classic vehicles ranging from 40ish Cadillacs to 60ish Chevs- help!!
- chevy belair has a miss, running rough
- Is there a market for a 1959 Ford Escort 2dr station wagon
- 1964 chevy bel air v6 4 door