AutoBarn Classic Cars
325 McGill Ave., Ste 500
STK 2565 1965 Volkswagen Beetle
This 1965 Volkswagen Beetle is a great example of one of the most popular cars of all time. It is basically original, but did receive a re-spray of bright Red earlier this year. Note - all of the black accents are removable vinyl pieces. The factory red vinyl interior shows well for its age. True, there are no air conditioning, power seats or power locks but the pop-out rear windows are very cool! Our Beetle is powered by a 40HP 1200cc flat four. The carburetor is a replacement Solex unit that looks to be a model 34PICT-3, a common factory carb on this model. It is fitted with an electric choke for ease of starting. All factory 6-volt electrics have been converted to 12-volts. The 4-speed fully-synchronized transmission shifts smoothly and four-wheel drum brakes perform well. Suspension is stock and 15" Volkswagen road wheels (w/hubcaps/trim rings) mount nice radial tires. There is some surface rust on the undercarriage, but the chassis appears to be structurally sound. This is a classic "Bug" that someone is going to have a lot of fun with. ALL VEHICLES SOLD "AS IS".
MORE FROM THIS SELLER
RUSTY RIDES GALLERYView All
OLDRIDE ANSWERSView All
- I need to buy a 5 lug 17in. artillery wheel
- How do I get my avatar uploaded?
- Has anyone bought a car off of Harwell motors in Texas?
- My first car was Plymouth Fury. What was yours?
- What do you think was the ugliest classic car ever designed?
- We have inherited a field of 26 classic vehicles ranging from 40ish Cadillacs to 60ish Chevs- help!!
- chevy belair has a miss, running rough
- Is there a market for a 1959 Ford Escort 2dr station wagon
- 1964 chevy bel air v6 4 door