Gullwing Motor Cars Inc
2430 46th Street
Colgate Family Owned 1931 Rolls-Royce Phantom II Huntington Left-Hand Drive Limousine with Coachwork by BrewsterThis 1931 Rolls-Royce Phantom II Huntington with Coachwork by Brewster was first owned by the Colgate family, founder of Colgate Toothpaste. One of a total of just 125 left hand drive Phantom IIs manufactured. A rare and much prized left-hand-drive AJS-AMS Phantom II with an unusual blind rear quarter, a unique and attractive design for a Huntington. First owned by Mrs. Romulus Riggs Colgate, wife of Romulus Riggs Colgate who was the grandson of the founder of a soap and perfume business that would later become most well-known for its toothpaste. Romulus Colgate made his fortune in the hydro-electric generation business and the manufacture of lead-based paint under the brand "Dutch Boy" and was the owner of a 12,000-square-foot mansion in Litchfield, CT. A fascinating car, which needs a gentle and sympathetic touch to bring it back to life. The car wears an older metallic paint job in good usable condition and has presentable chrome as well. New front chauffeurs compartment with new upholstery. With some attention, the original rear interior is still serviceable with only the rear jump-seats needing re-upholstering. A complete car that's structurally sound and was last running just 2-3 years ago. Offered with excellent ownership documentation regarding the Colgate family connection.LHD Rolls-Royce Phantom II Huntington LimousineCoachwork by Brewster & Co.Chassis no. 216AJSBody no. 7392First owned by the Colgate Family 1 of 125 left hand drive Phantom II's builtA rare and much prized LHD AJS-AMS Phantom IIUnusual and attractive Huntington design with Coachwork by BrewsterPrice: $95,000
MORE FROM THIS SELLER
RUSTY RIDES GALLERYView All
OLDRIDE ANSWERSView All
- I need to buy a 5 lug 17in. artillery wheel
- How do I get my avatar uploaded?
- Has anyone bought a car off of Harwell motors in Texas?
- My first car was Plymouth Fury. What was yours?
- What do you think was the ugliest classic car ever designed?
- We have inherited a field of 26 classic vehicles ranging from 40ish Cadillacs to 60ish Chevs- help!!
- chevy belair has a miss, running rough
- Is there a market for a 1959 Ford Escort 2dr station wagon
- 1964 chevy bel air v6 4 door