Gullwing Motor Cars Inc
2430 46th Street
1956 AC Ace-Bristol: One of Only 686 Ace-Bristols Produced This 1956 AC Ace-Bristol is one of only 686 Ace-Bristols produced and is AC's definitive sports car. Blue with black leather. Original colors metallic blue with black. In excellent running condition. The most desirable Ace variant. Produced pre-1957 making it eligible for the Mille Miglia and many other events (production date Sept 4 1956). Comes with a correct AC Bristol engine (matching number head, non matching block), original gearbox and many spares. Currently running with a Ford 6 cylinder engine, much the same as the AC Ace from 1962/63. Offered with original tools and manuals. An excellent event car that's eligible for the most desirable tours. The Ace-Bristol's high-revving, state-of-the-art power unit could trace its origins back to BMW's advanced pre-war 328 design, which helped make it successful in racing well into the 1960s. Bristol-powered Aces were brilliant in competition, winning three successive SCCA E-Production Championships between 1957 and 1959, followed by D-Production Championship in 1960 and C-Production Championship in 1961. The Ace-Bristol also scored very well at Le Mans, where it finished 2nd in class in 1957 and 1958 and achieved a sterling class victory and 7th overall in 1959. This performance no doubt left an impression on 1959 Le Mans winner Carroll Shelby, who later created his own 289 and 427 Shelby Cobra derivatives based on the classic AC Ace. Chassis No. BEX208Engine No. 100D532AC's Definitive sports carComes with a correct AC Bristol engine (matching number head, non matching blockOffered with original tools and manualsEligible for the most desirable toursOne of only 686 Ace-Bristols produced $295,000 Firm
MORE FROM THIS SELLER
RUSTY RIDES GALLERYView All
OLDRIDE ANSWERSView All
- I need to buy a 5 lug 17in. artillery wheel
- How do I get my avatar uploaded?
- Has anyone bought a car off of Harwell motors in Texas?
- My first car was Plymouth Fury. What was yours?
- What do you think was the ugliest classic car ever designed?
- We have inherited a field of 26 classic vehicles ranging from 40ish Cadillacs to 60ish Chevs- help!!
- chevy belair has a miss, running rough
- Is there a market for a 1959 Ford Escort 2dr station wagon
- 1964 chevy bel air v6 4 door