AutoBarn Classic Cars
325 McGill Ave., Ste 500
STK 2440 1963 Ford Falcon Futura
The 1st generation Ford Falcon was introduced in 1960. Development of this scaled down version of the full-size Ford was in response to a changing customer landscape buyers were willing to trade the benefits of a full-size for a Falcon's lower cost of ownership. (The basic Falcon platform also became the foundation for the 1st Gen Mustang.) By 1963, the Falcon line was expanded to include many different models of this smaller, efficient Ford. This '63 Futura Coupe with its 'Thunderbird' roofline was one of the most popular models. The current owner carefully managed a full restoration over a 10-year period. The exterior was repainted Viper Red in 2016. Both front and rear chrome bumpers look new and factory steel wheels mount nice radial tires. On the inside, seats were reupholstered in black/red vinyl and new carpeting was installed. Dashboard, headliner and all of the tinted glass are in good condition. A full gauge package is positioned below the dash and what appears to be the stock AM radio delivers your sounds. The Futura was delivered from the factory with a 170ci I-6 engine, but the owner states that the current powerplant is the 200ci version of this 'Thrift Power' series. It was totally rebuilt in 2012 and sounds great. The six-cylinder is backed by a Ford-O-Matic 2-speed automatic transmission. A new fuel tank has been installed and a dual-master cylinder now manages 4-wheel drum brakes. This is a solid Falcon Futura Sport Coupe. Enjoy it in its stock form, or build a Futura 'sleeper' to surprise all your friends. ALL VEHICLES SOLD "AS IS".
MORE FROM THIS SELLER
RUSTY RIDES GALLERYView All
OLDRIDE ANSWERSView All
- I need to buy a 5 lug 17in. artillery wheel
- How do I get my avatar uploaded?
- Has anyone bought a car off of Harwell motors in Texas?
- My first car was Plymouth Fury. What was yours?
- What do you think was the ugliest classic car ever designed?
- We have inherited a field of 26 classic vehicles ranging from 40ish Cadillacs to 60ish Chevs- help!!
- chevy belair has a miss, running rough
- Is there a market for a 1959 Ford Escort 2dr station wagon
- 1964 chevy bel air v6 4 door