The Bay City Motor Company
1124 N Water St
Bay City, MI
Bay City , MI
Chevys first generation of Chevelle wrapped up production with the 67 model year. The 138 coded cars were special at the time and are recognized today as true factory Super Sport examples. This is one such car. It is equipped with its original 325HP 396CID V8 engine and matching 4-speed manual transmission, which are mated to a positraction rear axle and are controlled by power brakes.
Look down the body of this fully restored SS and you will see beautifully crisp body lines and original metal with glossy tuxedo black paint flowing over it, a change from its original gold. The chrome and stainless steel brightwork are in excellent condition.
In 1967 Chevrolet wanted to move the knee-knocker tach away from the drivers leg to the dash but could not find a good place to located it. The designers decided to place a pod in front of the far left corner of the instrument cluster. The problem with this design was that it blocked the left turn signal, their solution? They incorporated the turn signal into the tachometer. Check out this working rare and cool extra in the cars photos. The factory black interior features the floor shifted 4-speed manual transmission. Bucked seats and console were chosen to replace the factory bench seat.
A few performance upgrades like the HEI distributor and radial rubber have made this classic a bit more reliable and enjoyable. If you are looking for a solid matching-numbers restored Chevelle that is ready to be enjoyed and can be shown with pride, you have found your match.
MORE FROM THIS SELLER
RUSTY RIDES GALLERYView All
OLDRIDE ANSWERSView All
- I need to buy a 5 lug 17in. artillery wheel
- How do I get my avatar uploaded?
- Has anyone bought a car off of Harwell motors in Texas?
- My first car was Plymouth Fury. What was yours?
- What do you think was the ugliest classic car ever designed?
- We have inherited a field of 26 classic vehicles ranging from 40ish Cadillacs to 60ish Chevs- help!!
- chevy belair has a miss, running rough
- Is there a market for a 1959 Ford Escort 2dr station wagon
- 1964 chevy bel air v6 4 door