American Classic Cars
2282 Arrow Hwy
La Verne, CA
La Verne, CA
1955 PONTIAC CHIEFTAIN 870 CATALINA COUPE C-777 The 1955 model Chieftains featured completely new chassis, body and engine from the previous generation. The engine was the biggest news as this was Pontiac's first V8, which was built to 287 cubic inches. The traditional appearance five-chrome strips running down the hood and trunk were updated with a twin-stripe design. This particular 2-Door Hardtop Pontiacs full production name is a 1955 Pontiac Chieftain 870 Catalina Coupe, which was originally built in South Gate, California in 1955. Powered by the period correct 287ci Strato-Streak V8 mated to the Hydra-Matic Automatic Transmission, and connected to the 2 barrel carburetor. The exterior has been repainted in a beautiful red and white two tone, a welcomed change from the factory original Falcon and Castle Grey two-tone. The interior has also been updated to red and white cloth and vinyl to match the exterior, including the door panels and red carpet. All glass and brightwork are in excellent condition. Equipped with dual chrome side mirrors. It sits on 15 inch body painted steel wheels with original Pontiac wheel covers. Wrapped around these are the period correct Remington Cushion-Aire G78-15 bias ply wide whitewall tires. If you are looking for a classic Pontiac, this car is for you! ***If you are viewing this on Facebook Marketplace, be sure go to our website to view all photos. (www.amclassiccars.com)*** GIVE US A CALL @ 909-596-5700 WITH ANY QUESTIONS THAT YOU MAY HAVE. OUR BUSINESS HOURS: MONDAY-FRIDAY 9AM-5PM
MORE FROM THIS SELLER
RUSTY RIDES GALLERYView All
OLDRIDE ANSWERSView All
- I need to buy a 5 lug 17in. artillery wheel
- How do I get my avatar uploaded?
- Has anyone bought a car off of Harwell motors in Texas?
- My first car was Plymouth Fury. What was yours?
- What do you think was the ugliest classic car ever designed?
- We have inherited a field of 26 classic vehicles ranging from 40ish Cadillacs to 60ish Chevs- help!!
- chevy belair has a miss, running rough
- Is there a market for a 1959 Ford Escort 2dr station wagon
- 1964 chevy bel air v6 4 door