AutoBarn Classic Cars
325 McGill Ave., Ste 500
Stk 2317 1940 Ford Deluxe
Car restoration is an art and this 1940 Ford Deluxe Coupe is a sculpture. The current owner (7 years) completed most of the restoration work in 2013. The coupe body was meticulously prepared and beautifully re-sprayed 'Henry Ford' Black, a very popular color back-in-the-day. Chrome-work is outstanding and red factory steel wheels with caps/rings provide a stunning accent. The interior was completely restored with period-correct taupe cloth, looks totally original and is excellent. A beautiful two-tone dash with working gauges is outstanding and the pair of rear jump-seats are classic. This '40 Ford is powered by a 221ci flathead V8 that is believed to be the original motor. It was rebuilt by Gilley's Garage, Pilot Mountain, NC (2012), bored .030 over and stuffed with a mild performance cam. The intake mounts a factory correct Holley 91-99 carburetor, the distributor is original and cooling is provided by a state-of-the-art aluminum radiator. The little flathead runs great and sounds even better. Behind the flathead, the 3-speed manual transmission with column shifter. Hydraulic drum brakes handle stopping requirements and the electrical system has been upgraded to 12-volts. This '40 Deluxe Coupe is a classic Blue Oval and a great performer - a wonderful piece of Ford history. It is ready for your next hometown cruise-in. ALL VEHICLES SOLD "AS IS".
MORE FROM THIS SELLER
RUSTY RIDES GALLERYView All
OLDRIDE ANSWERSView All
- I need to buy a 5 lug 17in. artillery wheel
- How do I get my avatar uploaded?
- Has anyone bought a car off of Harwell motors in Texas?
- My first car was Plymouth Fury. What was yours?
- What do you think was the ugliest classic car ever designed?
- We have inherited a field of 26 classic vehicles ranging from 40ish Cadillacs to 60ish Chevs- help!!
- chevy belair has a miss, running rough
- Is there a market for a 1959 Ford Escort 2dr station wagon
- 1964 chevy bel air v6 4 door