Country Classic Cars LLC
2149 E Frontage Rd
Available now is this beautiful 1952 Dodge Coronet on a 4-door sedan platform. This example is dressed in burgundy paint with chrome accents and sitting properly on white wall tires. The interior has been redone and finished in a two-tone grey and dark grey color set. The Coronet is powered by a flathead 6-cylinder engine and mated to a semi-automatic \"Gyromatic\" transmission.
In 1951, Chrysler redesigned the entire front end of its cars. Ironically, the rest of the sheetmetal remained. In 1952, only the taillamps were redesigned. Yet, during both years, an already handsome car was improved. The split windshield made its final appearance in 1952.
Big V-8s were a few years away, and the 1952 Dodge Coronet D-42 Club Coupe used a 230-cu.in. flathead straight-six engine with 103 horsepower. With 7.0:1 compression ratio, this car had no barnburner in the acceleration department. New, a \'52 Dodge with this engine took 25 seconds to get to 60 mph. This engine had a 3.25-inch bore and 4.625-inch stroke. Fuel was fed into a one-barrel Stromberg downdraft carburetor, which received air through an oil-bath air cleaner.
The transmission used was an M6 semi-automatic unit called a GyroMatic (Chrysler called it FluidMatic). Advertisements back in the day proclaimed, \"Dodge, Big, New, Dependable \'52\" with a drawing of a ram. Another ad read, \"Drive a dependable Dodge for five minutes and you\'ll drive it for years.\" Some standard features included \"Safety Rim\" wheels to protect against blowouts, bolt-on fenders, automatic choke for easier cold weather starts and electric windshield wipers.
MORE FROM THIS SELLER
RUSTY RIDES GALLERYView All
OLDRIDE ANSWERSView All
- I need to buy a 5 lug 17in. artillery wheel
- How do I get my avatar uploaded?
- Has anyone bought a car off of Harwell motors in Texas?
- My first car was Plymouth Fury. What was yours?
- What do you think was the ugliest classic car ever designed?
- We have inherited a field of 26 classic vehicles ranging from 40ish Cadillacs to 60ish Chevs- help!!
- chevy belair has a miss, running rough
- Is there a market for a 1959 Ford Escort 2dr station wagon
- 1964 chevy bel air v6 4 door