American Classic Cars
2282 Arrow Hwy
La Verne, CA
La Verne, CA
1974 VOLKSWAGEN THING (TYPE 181) C-763 This 1974 Volkswagen Thing is finished in orange with a black vinyl interior and soft top. Power comes from a 1.6-liter flat-four paired with a four-speed manual transaxle. The previous owner acquired the car out of North Carolina nearly two years ago, and drove it approximately 500 miles since as well as repainting the exterior, re-upholstering the seats, installing a new top, and replacing the tires, battery, spark plugs, and fluids. The body was repainted in orange with a clear coat, and a new black vinyl soft top was also installed. Additional equipment includes a folding windshield, black-finished steel bumpers, and removable side curtains. Orange-painted 14 steel wheels with chrome VW hubcaps are mounted with new General Grabber A/T tires. The interior features bare steel floors coated in black bed liner and a dash painted to match the body. The seats were re-covered in black vinyl. A 100-mph VDO speedometer with an inset fuel gauge is located ahead of the driver and also contains a five-digit odometer showing just under 58k miles. The air-cooled 1.6-liter flat-four sends power to the rear wheels through a four-speed manual transaxle. The fluids, filters, spark plugs, and battery have been recently changed. ***If you are viewing this on Facebook Marketplace, be sure go to our website to view all photos. (www.amclassiccars.com)*** GIVE US A CALL @ 909-596-5700 WITH ANY QUESTIONS THAT YOU MAY HAVE. OUR BUSINESS HOURS: MONDAY-FRIDAY 9AM-5PM
MORE FROM THIS SELLER
RUSTY RIDES GALLERYView All
OLDRIDE ANSWERSView All
- I need to buy a 5 lug 17in. artillery wheel
- How do I get my avatar uploaded?
- Has anyone bought a car off of Harwell motors in Texas?
- My first car was Plymouth Fury. What was yours?
- What do you think was the ugliest classic car ever designed?
- We have inherited a field of 26 classic vehicles ranging from 40ish Cadillacs to 60ish Chevs- help!!
- chevy belair has a miss, running rough
- Is there a market for a 1959 Ford Escort 2dr station wagon
- 1964 chevy bel air v6 4 door