In 1941, Chrysler offered the first all new woodie wagon, that included an all-steel roof. The new wagon was dubbed the Town & Country. Production stopped during World War II. Soon after the war production continued and the Town & Country returned. From 1965 to 1977, the Town & Country was a full-size rear wheel drive station wagon based on the Chrysler C platform.