|The sport 1967 Mercury Cyclone|
1967 Mercury Cyclone
Noted as the man’s car, the Cyclone came powered with the Cyclone 289 V8 200 hp engine to get you where you need to go. Inside, bucket seats are upholstered in vinyl helping to improve comfort all around. Outside, an all new grill with blacked out horizontal bars and a racy appearance with dual body paint stripes running from front to back plus unique curb moldings and deluxe wheel coverings.
The Cyclone GT standard equipment included the 320hp Marauder 390 GT V8 with 4 barrel carb and power booster. The exterior boasted a twin scoop GT hood, dual exhausts, rally stripes, GT emblem and wheels with 5 ½” rims including white sidewall tires and power front disc brakes.
All Mercury models came with the entire package of Ford Motor Company Lifeguard Design Safety Features including:
- Dual hydraulic brake system with warning light
- Deluxe seat belts with front retractors and reminder light
- Impact-absorbing steering wheel
- Padded instrument panel
- Padded sun visors
- Double-yoke safety door latches
- Remote-control outside rear view mirror
- Windshield washers
- 2-speed windshield wipers
- Thick laminate safety plate glass windshield
- Turn indicators with lane changing signal feature
- Four way emergency flasher.