The Majestics Car Club of Regina was formed in the Fall of 1962. It was started by five local high school students. The original name was the Majestics Rod & Custom Club. Deciding on a name was the first major task for the new members. It was decided that a name that no other club had, should be chosen. After many ideas, the Majestics was brought up. After searching through hundreds of Car Craft, Rod and Custom, Hot Rod and many others, it was decided the name would be The Majestics Rod and Custom Club. No other club in North America had that name and there were thousands of clubs at that time. With a name like Majestics it was only natural that the first crest had a lion in a Ford roadster.
During the next few years the club was at a high point. The club had a large membership: lots of rods and customs on the road. Lots of activities and events kept them all busy. One event everyone enjoyed was the weekend trips to Winnipeg for the drag races. With five or six members in one car, a good time was usually had by all.
Our first club garage was a one car garage off 10th Avenue in the downtown area. It wasn't much of a garage with no insulation or windows and an oil space heater for heat. One member managed to put his 1929 Ford together in it and another managed to replace his flathead with a Chevy V-8, so it served its purpose. Two winters was enough in that place so we let it go and didn't have another club garage until much later when we moved into the one on Lorne Street and 14th Avenue. This garage lasted until February 1, 1979 when we moved into the garage we have today.