The Antique Auto & Engine Club of Mississippi held it's first meeting on December 16, 1957 at the home of George Cretors in Long Beach. It was quite a show with jalopies, cars, and even a large steam engine, which belonged to Herbert Down and Mr. Cretors. Mrs. Cretors served refreshments. A small pirogue that belonged to Dr. Shelly was also featured.
Rallies, meets and events are still the main thrust of the club as it rolls into the 21st century in its attempt to preserve and enjoy the rolling history of our past. We hope our efforts will continue to stimulate interest in collecting, restoring, and preserving old and antique vehicles for all ages to enjoy in the future.