On October 3rd, 1957 the official start and first recorded meeting of the Draggins was held. Attending the meeting and paying their start up dues were: Ian Tiessen, Ian McDonald, Doug Felthum, George Kuenzig, Dwaine Downey, Larry Woodward, and Wayne McRorie.
The mandate was to promote their hobby as a safe and credible sport to the general public and that it would be a supporter of all types of motor sport. After the success of their first annual car show in 1961 and feeling a need to say thanks to the community for their support, the Draggins Car Club, began giving generously to charities.
Through the years, events and members have come and gone, lots of wonderful friendships have been made, but the Draggins have never forgotten their roots. They still ring bells for the Salvation Army, and show up at many other community events with their cars, promoting their sport and helping to give "Street Rodders" a good name in the community.
If you are interested, please visit our website for more information.