OldRide.com Classifieds Guidelines
- OVERVIEW: OldRide.com, a property of Internet Brands,
Inc. ("OldRide") has established the following guidelines (these "Guidelines") to ensure
the quality of the classified advertisements (the "Classifieds"). PLEASE REMEMBER THAT
CLASSIFIEDS ARE POSTED BY OTHER USERS, NOT BY OLDRIDE. Sellers and buyers are solely
responsible for all aspects of the transactions in which they choose to participate.
All transactions conducted on OldRide.com must be consistent with any applicable laws,
which are incorporated herein by this reference. OldRide reserves the right to reject or remove
any Classifieds listing that is not consistent with the letter or spirit of OldRide's Policies
or the law. Please review these Guidelines and make sure any transactions you conduct fully comply.
- GENERAL INFORMATION: OldRide provides OldRide.com (this "Site")
as a platform for OldRide users to connect with one another. OLDRIDE DOES NOT PARTICIPATE IN, NOR IS
IT A PARTY TO, ANY CLASSIFIEDS TRANSACTIONS. OldRide does not screen or control users who may sell or
buy on Classifieds, nor does OldRide review or authenticate all Classifieds listings and items offered
for sale. Therefore, users of this service should be aware that:
- Sellers and buyers are completely and solely responsible for negotiating the purchase, sale and
exchange of goods or services.
- Sellers and buyers must resolve any disputes that may arise from Classifieds transactions amongst
themselves and without the involvement of OldRide.
- Sellers and buyers are responsible for researching and complying with any applicable laws,
regulations or restrictions on items, services, or manner of sale or exchange that may pertain to
transactions in which they participate.
- Sellers and buyers are responsible for all applicable taxes and for all costs incurred by participating in this Site.
- Fraud: Sellers may not use or manipulate this service for any fraudulent activity
or purpose, including collecting payment from buyers and not providing the item purchased, or filing false claims for insurance payments.
- Interference: Sellers may not spam this Site's system and/or impose an unreasonably or
disproportionately large load on OldRide's system. Seller may not put any material on this Site that contains any viruses,
trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancelbots, or other computer programming routines that may damage, interfere with,
surreptitiously intercept, or expropriate any system, data, or personal information. Sellers may not solicit this Site's
users to post ads on other classifieds sites.
- Classifieds Numbers/Passwords: Sellers are solely responsible for actions taken under
seller's Classifieds number and/or password and should not disclose them to anyone else. Seller cannot use his/her Classifieds
number and/or password for any unauthorized purpose.
- SELLING: All sellers must:
- Comply with applicable laws. Seller may not offer for sale or sell an item to any buyer in a jurisdiction where the
item or terms of the sale violates applicable laws or regulations. Further, Seller may not offer for sale any item that
violates OldRide Policies or these Guidelines as described below in "Prohibited Items."
- Provide accurate information. Seller must accurately describe the item he/she is selling. Seller may not include
any language in his/her listing, including the advertisement title, which may confuse potential buyers or cause seller's
advertisement to be included in search results to which it is not responsive.
- Place item in the appropriate category. Seller must list his/her item in the most appropriate category. Each item can only be listed in one category.
- Avoid inappropriate advertisement content. Seller may not link to, post, or include advertisements for goods or other
materials that: (a) describe items that seller is not selling on this Site, or (b) seller does not have rights to link to
or include. Seller also may not include any content or images in seller's advertisement that are obscene, offensive,
harmful to minors, invasive of anyone's privacy, or otherwise inappropriate.
- Have the rights to and possession of item. Seller may not offer any item for sale that (1) is not in seller's possession,
(2) seller does not have the right to sell, or (3) does not exist at the time the advertisement is published on the Site.
- PROHIBITED ITEMS: It is the responsibility of both the seller and the buyer to ensure that
the items listed for sale and bought by users are appropriate for sale under all applicable laws and regulations. OldRide may,
in its sole discretion, take corrective action, including deleting Classifieds and/or OldRide user accounts, which OldRide
believes are misusing this Site. SELLER MAY NOT SELL THE FOLLOWING ITEMS UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES:
- Any and all types of services.
- Any item that has been the subject of a product recall by the U. S. Consumer Product Safety Commission,
other government agency, or product manufacturer.
- Any item that violates any U. S. export law or regulation, including any items subject to the terms of
the U. S. embargoes against Afghanistan, Cuba, Iran, Iraq, Libya, North Korea, Serbia (former Yugoslavia), and Sudan.
- Any item that is harmful to minors, obscene, or otherwise objectionable.
- Illegal or restricted weapons and related accessories, including without limitation the following:
- Firearms and firearm accessories, including ammunition, scopes, and silencers.
- Switchblade knives.
- Any concealed weapon.
- Any explosive device.
- Martial arts weapons.
- Cigarettes, illegal drugs, drug paraphernalia (including items to grow, manufacture, or distribute the same),
prescription drugs, and medical devices, including without limitation any medical device that requires fitting
by a certified practitioner or licensed seller.
- Any item that infringes the rights of a third party, including items that violate copyrights, trademarks,
publicity, or privacy rights of third parties. Examples include, but are not limited to:
- Unauthorized copies of software, music, video games, movies, photos, or other media.
- Bootleg recordings of concerts, movies, or other performances.
- Sale of back-up copies of software.
- Any item that is counterfeit or stolen, including without limitation items that are:
- "Replicas," "knock-offs," in the same "style" as, or "fake" versions of a name brand product.
- Counterfeit, or for the purpose of producing counterfeit, currency, stamps, government identification.
- Inauthentic sports collectibles, celebrity autographs, or otherwise inauthentic versions of memorabilia or other items with inauthentic signatures.
- Any item for gaining unauthorized entry to a place or vehicle including lock-picking devices, vehicle master keys, and other devices.
- Any item that promotes, glorifies, or is directly associated with groups or individuals known principally for hateful
or violent positions or acts, such as Nazis or the Ku Klux Klan. Official government-issue stamps and coins are not
prohibited under this policy. Expressive media, such as books and films, may be subject to more permissive standards as
determined by OldRide in its sole discretion.
- Any animal items that are subject to regulations or laws for the protection of live animals, including endangered
species and domesticated animals, as well as any products made from or including any parts of an animal protected by law or regulation.
- Any item used for hacking, intercepting, jamming, descrambling, or otherwise obtaining unauthorized access to wire,
electronic, or other types of communications.
- Bodies, body parts, bodily fluids, including without limitation cadavers, organs, "clean" urine for drug tests, sperm, eggs, blood, and breast milk.
- Fireworks, explosives, or any hazardous material or restricted chemical.
- Government-issued identification documents, whether authentic or counterfeit (e.g., fake identifications for age
verification, fake government credentials, passports, green cards, birth certificates), police badges or insignia,
and any other law enforcement items (e.g., FBI identification cards, badges, uniforms, flashing lights/sirens)
generally restricted for sale under federal and state law.
- Stocks and securities.
- Gambling items (lottery tickets, sweepstakes, pyramid schemes, grab bags, raffles, slot machines, etc.).
- Individual contracts, services, and any item that is non-transferable.
- Non-packaged food items and other food or beverage items sold in a manner inconsistent with federal, state, or legal regulations.
- Any used goods not appropriate for resale for safety, health, or other reasons, including without limitation
any clothing items that have not been appropriately cleaned.
- Any items that are "adult oriented" in nature or marketed in an objectionable manner, as determined in OldRide's sole discretion.
- Any item promoting or related to an event, including without limitation tickets to events.
- Any other item that violates any applicable federal, state, or local law or regulation or which OldRide determines,
in its sole discretion, is inappropriate for sale on this Site.
- ADDITIONAL RESTRICTIONS: Any and all Classifieds posts must conform to the following regulations:
- Classifieds cannot discuss issues other than a particular product that is for sale.
- Classifieds cannot be used to promote personal opinions.
- Classifieds must be product-specific, not general in nature.
- You must produce your own listing content. You must avoid "borrowing" text or images (including photos)
from other listings, a manufacturer's web site, product catalogs, or other sources without specific permission
from the owner. Images and text found on the Internet do not necessarily mean that they are not protected by
copyright laws. Copyright laws apply to the Internet, and manufacturers or other copyright owners and they
may object to the use of text or images that they own or have created. Your posting should have its own
descriptive text, and your own photos.
- SPAM: OldRide encourages sellers to post advertisements on the Site as long as they are not
duplicates or other forms of spam, or otherwise inconsistent with these Guidelines and the OldRide Policies. OldRide may,
in its sole discretion, take corrective action, including deleting Classifieds and/or OldRide user accounts, which OldRide
believes are misusing this Site. Prohibited spam or otherwise impermissible marketing activities on this Site may include,
but are not limited to, the following:
- Posting an advertisement that is unrelated to the category in which the advertisement is placed.
- Posting identical advertisements in the same category and location.
- Posting an advertisement with inappropriate links, titles, descriptions, or unauthorized use of content
to which the person posting does not have rights.
- Posting an advertisement for the sole purpose of collecting user information or raising money.
- Posting an advertisement that contains unsolicited or unauthorized advertising or promotional materials.
This may include an advertisement that instructs the user(s) to contact the person/company posting the advertisement
for more information and then requires the user to pay a fee for that information.
- Posting a multi-level marketing position or other non-traditional job not involving a W2 or 1099.
- Posting a job advertisement that requires a monetary investment by the user at any time.
- Posting an advertisement that requires a user to register before getting detailed information about the product or position.
- Posting an advertisement through unauthorized robots (crawling software).
- Soliciting a Site user to post an advertisement in another classifieds site.
- Other Rules Regarding Classifieds: Additional rules for this Site are included
in the OldRide Policies and posted at various places within this Site. All rules for this Site may be changed at
any time by OldRide, in its sole discretion, without notice.
- Real Estate: All real estate advertising on this Site is subject to these Guidelines,
the OldRide Policies, and the Federal Fair Housing Act, which makes it illegal to advertise "any preference, limitation,
or discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, handicap, familial status, or national origin, or intention
to make any such preference, limitation, or discrimination." Seller's and buyer's state or local jurisdiction may impose additional requirements.
- REPORTING ABUSE: If seller or buyer finds an offensive or worrisome advertisement,
please inform OldRide by sending an e-mail to Support@OldRide.com. OldRide reserves the right,
in its sole discretion, to determine what action is necessary.
- INFORMATION COLLECTION AND USE
- Collection of Information: We collect personal information for various business purposes
when you interact with us. We collect information about you in two basic ways. First, we receive information directly from you.
- How We Use Your Information: We are committed to your privacy. Your information is used to
fulfill your requests and communicate with you, operate, support and improve our sites, products and services, conduct internal
research, and personalize the content, products, services and advertisements offered to you. By submitting your contact
information, you agree the phone number you provided may be used to contact you (including autodialed or pre-recorded calls).
Consent is not a condition of purchase.
NOTE: To view OldRide's complete Information Collection and Use Policy, please see OldRide's
- REMINDER OF OLDRIDE'S DISCLAIMER: THE CONTENT OF THE ADVERTISEMENTS THAT APPEAR ON THIS SITE
IS THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THOSE PERSONS POSTING THE ADVERTISEMENTS. AS SET FORTH IN THESE GUIDELINES AND THE OLDRIDE POLICIES,
OLDRIDE DOES NOT CONTROL THE CONTENT OF THE ADVERTISEMENTS AND DOES NOT GUARANTEE THE ACCURACY, INTEGRITY, OR QUALITY OF ANY
INFORMATION CONTAINED IN THIS SITE'S CLASSIFIEDS LISTINGS OR IN ANY OF THE PRODUCTS LISTED ON THIS SITE. OLDRIDE WILL NOT BE LIABLE
FOR ANY DAMAGES OF ANY KIND INCURRED AS A RESULT OF THE INFORMATION OR ITEMS CONTAINED IN THE CLASSIFIEDS. OLDRIDE DISCLAIMS ANY AND
ALL WARRANTIES RELATING TO THE SERVICE, INCLUDING WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR USE.
OldRide reserves the right to remove advertisements at any time for any reason. Seller is solely responsible for content. By posting
an advertisement on this Site, seller agrees that he/she will not post any content that is libelous, defamatory, or unlawful, or
that violates or infringes any trademark, copyright, or similar rights of others.
NOTE: To view OldRide's complete Disclaimer, please see OldRide's
- OLDRIDE'S RIGHT TO TERMINATE: OldRide, in its sole discretion, may terminate any Classifieds
listing, member's Classifieds number, and/or member's Classifieds password immediately and without notice if (a) OldRide believes
that seller, buyer or member has acted inconsistently with the spirit or the letter of these Guidelines, the OldRide Policies, or
(b) OldRide believes seller or buyer has violated or tried to violate the rights of others. OldRide reserves the right to change
or modify these Guidelines at any time without notice.
UPDATED: October 15, 2013