Collins Straight 6 Engine
4 door, 5 passenger, 70hp, 288.6 cubic inch engine, 120 wheel base, rear spare wheel, wooden spokes, 3250 lbs. New white wall tires, new radiator, newly re-plated bumpers and lens' trims.
Lockheed Hydraulic Four-Wheel Brakes
Older restoration as original, including mohair upholstery and window curtains.
Peerless Owners Manual, jack, logo embroidered blanket, bud vase.
This 1927 Six-90 Sedan is rare and unique
One of only Three on the Known Peerless in Existence list by the
Peerless Motorcar Club
Pistorius Collectible Autos
Antique & Classic Car Sales and Restoration Services
Brando Pistorius (813)917-9205
Tampa, Florida USA www.OldWheel.com
Peerless outsold Packard in 1920
They were one of the most expensive luxury cars of the era. The top three in price and status where called the three Ps:
Packard, Pierce Arrow and Peerless.
Peerless Motor Cars (Cleveland, Ohio 1900-1931) was the first company to adopt what would become the standard of automobile design, a front mounted engine driving the rear wheels through a solid drive shaft.
Barney Oldfield shattered world speed records with the Peerless Green Dragon
Many collectors believe the Peerless motorcars to be some of the finest automobiles built in the USA in the 1920s renowned for their high performance and stylish luxury. However, Peerless is the rarest and hardest to find of the three Ps as it went out of business in 1932 during the depression.
In 1933, ownership and management of Peerless organized the Carling Brewing Co. USA, just after Congress repealed Prohibition, and began production of the famous Carling Black Label Beer in the old Peerless factory.
Other Peerless Firsts
- Peerless was the first company to successfully use a flyball governor to maintain speeds.
- They set a 1,000-mile endurance record and the fastest time ever in the Mt. Washington hill climb in New Hampshire.
- Peerless was the first to use of aluminum in their side-entrance tonneau along with being the first closed formal body in American production.
- Peerless was one of the first companies to use electric lighting. They used a Gray & Davis system as early as 1910 and then upgrading in 1913 to a single voltage Gray & Davis system which now included an electric starter.