Your Classic Car Community and Marketplace
Register | MyOldRide Account | OldRide Store | Support | Site Map   
OldRide HomeClassic Cars and Trucks For SaleClassic Car and Truck Parts For SaleSell on OldRideOldRide AnswersRusty RidesCar Show ListingsCar Club ListingsResearch Library  
OldRide Answers Home
Using OldRide Answers
Ask a Question
Browse Questions In:
Other Makes
Classic Trucks
 General Topics
General Questions
Help Identify
Classic Car News
General Restoration
Vehicle Maintenance
Site Suggestions & Comments


Ask a Question in OldRide Answers
Help Enrich the Classic Car Community
Explore Closed Questions and Answers
 Search Questions: 
PCV - Venting New Valve Covers
I just got some offenhauser valve covers and they have no port for a PCV valve. So I can get a Vent/Filler Cap with a PCV connector in it but I have a few concerns

1) I always thought you vented one valve cover and put the PCV on the other creating correct ventilation. That said if I put a PCV in addition to a vent cap on the same valve cover I can't cross the vent the case. Correct Assumption?
2) The vent placement is different on the new valve covers so the splash plate that would be behing the PCV is no longer under the PCV. Is this an issue?
3) Can I just vent both valve covers and skip the PCV all together?

Engine is a 62 Buick 215 v8.

posted: May 5, 2011
  Answers (2)
if memory serves mecorrect the ftller cap was vented. i would try a vented cap ,if it meets emission requirements in your location,pcvs came inabout 1963.
posted:  May 5, 2011
Click to close this picture
Must you cut into Offenhausers ? Kinda like doing open heart surgery in your home on your favorite pet... I know your vehicle is not a '57 Chevy, but in 1957, the V8's were only vented by the oil filler cap which was on the end of the tube that was poked into the intake manifold. The first guy that answered the question seems pretty knowledgeable by my experiences on OldRide, I would go with him, vent it at the oil filler cap, and leave it at that, rather than cut into Offenhauser valve covers (ouch...), or I can maybe trade you some other valve covers for your Offenhausers (LOL)
posted:  August 1, 2011
Click to close this picture

Home | Classifieds: Vehicles / Parts | Sell on OldRide | Rusty Rides | OldRide Answers | Events | Clubs

Library | Car & Truck Resources | MyOldRide Account | Support | OldRide Banners | Car Photos

Copyright © 2017 Internet Brands, Inc. All rights reserved | OldRide Support | Terms of Use | Classifieds Disclaimer | Privacy Policy | Cookies